Why visit Kyrgyzstan
- Stunning untouched nature: Lake Issyk Kul – the second largest alpine lake in the world after Lake Titicaca in South America, is fringed with beaches and framed by snowy peaks.
- Silk road landmarks: Tash Rabat - Central Asia's most evocative Silk Road caravanserai; City of Osh - an ancient Silk Road bazaar town on the edge of the Fergana Valley.
- Authentic experiences: overnight in a yurt or community-tourism homestay to gain an insight into life after the USSR; drink koumys (fermented mare's milk), sold along country roads in spring and summer.
- Mouthwatering local food: top foods to try include shashlik, plov, nan bread and organic exotic fruits.
- Interesting facts: for 12 years, the country was unique in the world in hosting both US and Russian military bases. This came to an end in 2014.
About Silk Road Destinations Silk Road Travel Practicalities Kyrgyzstan Tours to Kyrgyzstan